The Broadband Delivery UK (BDUK) Connection Voucher is a grant scheme supported by the UK Government as part of a strategy for improving the UK’s broadband network.
The scheme provides financial support to businesses located in “Super Connected Cities” for the purchase of superfast Internet connections, enabling them to take advantage of the very latest connectivity technologies and allowing them to compete in an increasingly connected business world.
The scheme will allow qualifying businesses and 3rd sector organisations, such as not-for-profit and non-governmental organisation e.g. voluntary services, social enterprises and charities, to harness the expertise of M247 in order to make major improvements to their Internet connectivity.
Why upgrade your broadband?
- improved reliability of service
- better communication with customers and staff
- reduced costs through more efficient working
- improved data storage and accessibility
- higher speed upload and download for large files
Do I qualify?
The answer is YES if you:
- are a Small or Medium Sized Enterprise (SME) as defined by the European Commission
- are a registered charity or social enterprise
- are a sole trader or employ between 1 and 249 persons AND have an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million AND/OR have an annual balance sheet total not exceeding €43 million.
- your business has a registered office and trading address within the Local Authority Area of one of the SuperConnected Cities across the UK. Please contact us to confirm that you’re eligible.
- are willing to sign up for a minimum 6 month contract with your supplier.
- select a service that is capable of delivering 30Mbps or higher – there are some detailed requirements on speed that you should check before applying
- have not received more than approximately £120k in grants in the last three years
Please note that, if you are a tenant of a business park or commercial property landlord, you must also have their approval before any work can be carried out to improve connectivity services. If your main work base is at home you can have a connection there, but not if you just work from home occasionally. Please also see your city’s page to check for local eligibility rules. Each city has local guidance and terms and conditions that you need to read as part of the application process.
How much is the voucher worth?
- A maximum of £3000 (excl. VAT) is available per applicant
- The minimum grant amount available is £250
What can the vouchers be used for?
M247 is able to deliver the following wired or wireless technologies in each of the SuperConnected Cities across the UK
- Fibre To The Premise (FTTP)
- Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC)
- Fibre on demand
- Ethernet First Mile (EFM)
- Leased line – ethernet
- Leased line – other
The grant covers the initial fixed cost of installation but you will have to pay the on-going operational costs and the VAT of the installation.
- As long as you’re in one of the SuperConnected Cities and you meet the other qualifying conditions, all you have to do is call James Smith on 0161 615 1270. He will help you decide what connection technology is best suited for your needs and will then give you a quote for our services.
- You will then need to apply for a BDUK Voucher through your local council’s website.
- Once your application has been approved you will have 28 days to place your order with M247.
- Once the connection is made you will need to make your claim and send your M247 invoice and the Service Delivery Certificate to your local council.
- You will then receive a letter to say how much grant you have received.
Window of Opportunity
The scheme closes at the end of March 2015 so you should not delay in taking advantage of this genuine opportunity.